Story about the only preserved part of the city fort – The Stone Gate

The Stone Gate are the only preserved part of the defense fort of the Upper Town. It is assumed that the Stone Gate were built in 1266. On May 31, 1731, there was a great devastating fire on the Upper Town, and undamaged Virgin Mary painting from the 16th century was found in the ashes: “Our Lady of the Stone …